Wednesday, May 21, 2008

There Will Be An Answer

Within 24 hours I learned of two deaths. One from the hospice and the other someone I knew from the outside world.

Hearing about a resident’s death always saddens me, but I know it’s coming. I expect it, it is inevitable. The sudden death of a person you know has a shock value that is new and confusing.

I’m so used to death I think I’m above it, like it can’t touch me, but it can and it does. My reactions may be different from what is considered normal, but I am not immune to the absoluteness of how sudden it can be. Even when you know it’s coming.

Anyway, it’s been a long day, and I fear I may be rambling and making very little sense. So, I will stop with an inscription from Sophia De Mello Breyner.

“When I die I will return to seek
The moments I did not live by the sea”

Goodbye to you both…

1 comment:

Oshun Kunle said...

Its June 3rd.
I've been waiting to hear from you sister.

your on my mind.

xoxo