Monday, December 17, 2007

Remembering

Tomorrow is my first day back at the hospice since his death. I almost want to call and find out if a new resident has taken his room, but I know it’s not about that. Sure, I mourn the loss of him, but I can’t let that loss take away what is needed from me as a volunteer. I have to be there for all the residents.

Although, I hope I’ll get a chance to sit on his bed and remember him for just a few moments before he fades away from the space that was his for months. I just want to sit alone in his room and remember when….

1 comment:

Sara B. said...

It's always hard when they die.
I know you know that.
But, I wanted to let you know that I know that too.
I still always think of room G as "Ms. Ann's room." I don't think it will ever really be anyone else's but hers. No matter how much time passes.
It's always hard when they die; I know the feeling, friend.